Vancouver Show Postponed

Vancouver Show Postponed

Postby mozzer on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:25 am

Hello All,

I'm terribly sorry to report that we've cancelled our show in Vanouver as a consequence of our recent gear theft. We desperately need just one more day to breath and collect our thoughts before heading out on the rest of the tour.

This a postponement, not a cancellation, and as soon as I have information about another date I will post it. All other dates will go an as scheduled.

Thanks to everyone for being so sweet and supportive during this whole debacle. There are some ugly, soulless people in this world but thankfully they are exponentially outnumbered by lovely, kind and sweet people.

Colin.
mozzer
Decemberist
Decemberist

Postby boundsymmetry on Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:42 am

Thanks for letting us know, Colin. I most likely won't be able to make the rescheduled show (unless it's at the end of May, which doesn't seem very likely) but, I hope you guys have a great tour! :)
Morrissey is my favourite!
boundsymmetry
Cutout
Cutout

Postby Corinne on Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:23 am

:cry:

I've got a friend coming up from Seattle, too. Bst of luck tracking own the gear. Make sure all pawn shops in the area know that a shipment of instruments might show up.
Corinne
Bagman
Bagman

What about the Seattle show?

Postby sarahpdr on Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:37 pm

:( I'm so sorry to hear the bad news. Is the Seattle show (tonight) cancelled too?
sarahpdr

Postby sora star on Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:10 pm

sarah, i hope not... and i doubt so. after the vancouver show, they were suppossed to be in san fran. they may not have wanted to make the long drives to and fro (breathing time)... but they were featured on the front page and cover story of The Stranger (Seattle's big alternative weekly paper) this week... plsu the Showbox (and playing Seattle in general) is a *BIG THING* The show will probably go on. I haven't seen any new posted here or on The Showbox site cancelling or postponing tonight show. Prospects of playing look good. Either way, I guess I'll find out when I get there. Doors at 8pm and I don't want to stand in the line for a long time... :)
sora star
Chimbley Sweep
Chimbley Sweep

Postby Mr Goodbytes on Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:40 pm

It sucks to hear that the concert has been postponed, I was really looking forward to having a great time this saturday. However, is there a way to get my ticket refunded or are tickets going to be honoured in the next concert? How does that work out?
Mr Goodbytes

Postby myselfmuse on Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:21 pm

I'm visitng Vancouver from Ottawa this week, and part of the draw was the show (which would otherwise be happening as I type this)... serious bummer about this. Obviously I too am going to miss the rescheduled show (unless it is rebooked for sometime in the next 3 days...) but at least I can look forward to the May appearance in Montreal.

Could someone confirm whether the Seattle show happened last night, and how it went? And then confirm also that the Vancouver show tonight did in fact end up not happening? (The bar's phone goes unanswered to a full voicemailbox)

-ben
myselfmuse

Postby Corinne on Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:18 pm

I'm not a radio listener, and if I were, I doubt any local stations would carry such information. The local magazines that would carry that information are released on Thursdays. The only place I could get this information from is here.

My question is as follows: What do I do with my Vancouver tickets?

I know others here have had tickets for this show and odds are against them being able to attend at a later date. Two of my four tickets are as such and I'm about to take my piggy bank to a real bank to make sure I can get some grub for the next week. If there is a possibility of returning tickets, do I do so now or are the points of purchase places left just as much in the dark (and therefore not really able to issue refunds)?
Corinne
Bagman
Bagman

Postby soggyfritter on Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:49 am

I hope it all works out for the best, Colin. I'm so so glad that you didn't have to cancel the Portland show, and I shall keep an eye out for wrongdoers with familiar looking instruments in tow. Woe betide those who think they can get away with this!
Aux Canadiens: Desolée.
"I like it because it is bitter and because it is my heart."
-- Stephen Crane
soggyfritter
Bagman
Bagman

Postby danno on Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:05 pm

wow I feel kinda lucky now that Im underage and had to make the trek down to seattle now.. :oops:
"this baby can do 49 and a 1/2mph from portland to vegas, but only if Ive tap danced"
danno
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Postby aftu on Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:11 pm

If the old tickets will be honored for the new date, I would really love to get ahold of extras anybody may have. I want to make sure I'm able to get in to the new date, as I understand the previous one was sold out. Please let me know if you're in a position to sell them to me. Thanks!

tcoombs@shaw.ca
aftu
Cutout
Cutout

Postby Corinne on Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:18 am

aftu wrote:If the old tickets will be honored for the new date, I would really love to get ahold of extras anybody may have. I want to make sure I'm able to get in to the new date, as I understand the previous one was sold out. Please let me know if you're in a position to sell them to me. Thanks!

tcoombs@shaw.ca

How very odd. Highlife, near my house had a brick of them when I went in, rather late.

I'm going to have to hold onto the silly pair until my guests verify that they can't return for the make-up date. Otherwise, I'd be a jerk. Although I was considering that they are my property legally, ethically they aren't. Bribe me.
Corinne
Bagman
Bagman

Postby howpaperrusts on Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:31 pm

So what is the deal... I am still unsure what we are supposed to be doing with these tickets....as my "starving student" status isn't really going anywhere... I would love to get my refund..... where? How? Does anyone have this information????
howpaperrusts

Postby howpaperrusts on Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:31 pm

So what is the deal... I am still unsure what we are supposed to be doing with these tickets....as my "starving student" status isn't really going anywhere... I would love to get my refund..... where? How? Does anyone have this information????
howpaperrusts

Postby Corinne on Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:50 pm

howpaperrusts wrote:So what is the deal... I am still unsure what we are supposed to be doing with these tickets....as my "starving student" status isn't really going anywhere... I would love to get my refund..... where? How? Does anyone have this information????

Try taking it back to your seller. I'm keeping two and selling the other two, personally.
Corinne
Bagman
Bagman

Postby preem on Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:48 am

anybody know who's opening the rescheduled vancouver show?
preem

Postby mcbain on Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:16 pm

preem wrote:anybody know who's opening the rescheduled vancouver show?

I am actually quite interested as well
mcbain
Mariner
Mariner

Postby pedrothelion on Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:54 pm

Rumour has it that it is a local band. Nickelback anyone ? I can't wait until tomorrow night
pedrothelion
Cutout
Cutout

Postby Corinne on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:25 am

pedrothelion wrote:Rumour has it that it is a local band. Nickelback anyone ? I can't wait until tomorrow night

P:ano would be cool.
Some are a melody and some are the beat
Corinne
Bagman
Bagman

Postby preem on Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:13 am

Corinne wrote:
pedrothelion wrote:Rumour has it that it is a local band. Nickelback anyone ? I can't wait until tomorrow night

P:ano would be cool.

Hehe... I was thinking the same thing. Brigadoon rhymes with Picaroon ;-)
preem

Postby mcbain on Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:13 pm

well apparently U2 was staying in town for a few more days....
mcbain
Mariner
Mariner

Postby pedrothelion on Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:39 pm

shows on in an hour and a half or so. I have been told that the opening band is called crystal min ? or something along those lines. Guess I'll see.
pedrothelion
Cutout
Cutout

Postby Corinne on Sun May 01, 2005 1:13 am

I was at the concert, but arrived too late to find out. That being said, I was 1:45 hours late and the Ds played 6 songs (plus 2 in encore) making me wonder if there was even an opening band.
Corinne
Bagman
Bagman

Postby pedrothelion on Sun May 01, 2005 2:24 am

The opening band sucked the big one. They were complete and utter crap so don't think that you missed anything because you didn't. I believe someone yelled out "You suck! " during one of the awkward pauses between songs. I wasn't sure if I should clap for the effort or continue to be disgusted at the display. At one point the singer decided to break out into some "God Strike me down" holy man junk rock. I still don't understand why it took 6 people to create that ball of racket. Positive notes of the night for me were when the crowd joined in on mariner, getting a print from the merch table and having colin sign it at the end of the show and meeting the guys who posted on barsuk message boards wanting to start a band with me. A memorable night indeed.
pedrothelion
Cutout
Cutout

Postby Corinne on Sun May 01, 2005 7:38 pm

Who picks the opening bands? I've heard stories of bands picking them, I've heard of labels picking them, heck, I've heard of venues picking them.

Had they listened to the advice in this thread, I might have been further disappointed by my late arrival.
Corinne
Bagman
Bagman

Postby pedrothelion on Sun May 01, 2005 9:33 pm

It's not about who picked the band to open, it's about who hasn't told the opening band to stop. If I were in and around that band I would just say "alright guys. I think it's time you stopped" and that would be the end of it.
pedrothelion
Cutout
Cutout

Postby Corinne on Mon May 02, 2005 12:33 am

Striped hooks went out of the entertainment business far too early.
Corinne
Bagman
Bagman

Postby pedrothelion on Mon May 02, 2005 1:16 am

Where was that guy from "showtime at the apollo" who tap dances people off the stage. Anyways corrine I bet I saw you at that show.
pedrothelion
Cutout
Cutout

Postby Corinne on Mon May 02, 2005 1:34 am

pedrothelion wrote:Where was that guy from "showtime at the apollo" who tap dances people off the stage. Anyways corrine I bet I saw you at that show.

It's one of those easy bets. I stood out like a sore thumb.
Corinne
Bagman
Bagman

Postby pedrothelion on Mon May 02, 2005 6:20 pm

How did you know I had a sore thumb
pedrothelion
Cutout
Cutout

Return to Announcements